Sunday, May 4, 2014

Summing Up My Experince



I'm finished with what I wanted to complete, not really.  Not really because there is so much more to learn I think I will always be exploring the game of football and teaching kids how to play it.  I had to figure how I could use the information I have learned and transfer it on to a willing player.  I know I really won't get a chance to really learn how to do this until I get hired by a school district and ask the head varsity football coach "What can I do to help?"  But in the meantime, I have drawn my kids in learning how to play by making them my guinea pigs.  Since I introduced some the basic techniques to them their interest in learning the sport has turned into a daily ritual even if I only have a few minutes between my clinical practice and my job at night.  I have tried baseball and jiu jitsu with my kids to get them involved in something physical, and both have turned into something they are forced to do.  This time I will let them go at their pace to keep their interest while I work on coaching them.  While I have learned a lot from something I find extremely interesting, the best part of this project is that I found another way to bond with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment