Thursday, February 6, 2014

Welcome to my Learning Experience!

Hi all,

I have been given the opportunity to spend 20% of my time in teaching credentialing course to learn how to do something that I have a passion for.  While being able to talk about History everyday is great by itself, one the reasons I want to become a high school teacher in the first place is because I have always dreamed about coaching a sport that I love, Football.  While I played the sport when I was in high school and remember many of the drills I participated in, that does not mean I can walk on a football field and be an effective coach.  So when this opportunity was presented to me by my university professor, I knew exactly what I wanted to devote my time towards.  This blog was created so I can share my learning experience with the rest of the world (mostly my professors) and I will update what I have learned weekly.  If anyone would be willing to share their knowledge about coaching the game of football, it would greatly appreciated.  As of right now I plan watching a lot of YouTube videos to build up my knowledge because it has helped me in the past when I have coached for kids' baseball teams.  I also plan on attending a coaching conference this semester, so if anyone has any ideas on that, I would love your input.

2 comments:

  1. Jon,
    I have many friends who became teachers partly out of a desire to coach. I think it's important to foster all of the positive activities that make you happy as I believe they feed off of each other. Being a great coach can help make you a great teacher! Good luck in your journey.
    jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Jeff, I have a passion for both. Social studies teachers are a dime a dozen and hopefully this will help stand out.

    ReplyDelete